Assam milk tea is a tasty and refreshing drink, perfect for any kind of weather. Enjoy this easy drink hot or cold.
Assam milk tea is an easy way to cool down after a hot day, or even warm up in winter.
It is a delicious drink that can be enjoyed hot or cold.
Drink it at breakfast, or as a way to quench your thirst after exercise or work.
What is Assam Tea?
Assam tea is a type of black tea.
The tea leaves of this tea come from the plant known as Camellia sinensis. Usually, Assam tea is grown in Assam, India.
Assam tea has a strong taste with subtle sweet tones, and a malty flavor. It is often served during breakfast.
❤️ Why You'll Love This Recipe
- This assam milk tea recipe is quick and easy.
- Turn this milk tea into bubble (boba) tea by adding quick cooking tapioca pearls!
- Only 4 ingredients are needed to make this refreshing milk tea.
- Make milk tea easily in the comfort of your own home.
Please note that below is a guide for some of the ingredients we used in the recipe. The printable recipe further down the page has the complete list of ingredients, including quantities and step-by-step instructions.
- Assam tea: Loose leaf or teabag form.
- Hot water
- Sweetener of choice: Such as monk fruit sugar, white sugar, maple syrup, brown sugar syrup.
- Milk of choice
This recipe for assam milk tea serves 2. The recipe ingredients can easily be adjusted to suit how many serves you need to make.
Step One: Brew the tea to your liking. The longer you brew your tea, the stronger the tea flavor you will have.
I recommend you brew your tea for 3 to 5 minutes. Once brewed, mix through the sweetener of choice.
Step Two: Set tea aside and allow to cool if you want your Assam milk tea to be cold. Otherwise, skip this step.
Step Three: In a serving glass or mug, add half of the tea, and half of the milk. Stir.
Step Four: Repeat step 3 for remaining ingredients. Serve.
👛 Cost To Make
Estimated cost = $0.64 for 2 serves or $0.32 a serve
📖 Substitutions / Variations
You can add quick cooking tapioca pearls (boba pearls) to this Assam milk tea if you want to make it an Assam bubble tea.
Assam milk tea can be stored once cooled, in a sealed bottle or jug, in the fridge for 3 to 4 days.
Enjoy it cold straight from the fridge, or reheat in a microwave safe mug in the microwave.
It depends. If you use an Assam tea that contains caffeine, then yes, your Assam milk tea will have caffeine.
But, if you use a decaffeinated Assam tea then you should not have any caffeine in your Assam milk tea.
Made this recipe? Let us know how it went in the comments below! We'd love to hear how it turned out.
📋 Recipe Card
Assam Milk Tea
- 2 teabags of Assam tea or loose leaf Assam
- 400 ml hot water to brew your tea
- 2 teaspoons sweetener of choice e.g. monk fruit sugar, white sugar, maple syrup, or to taste
- 1 cup milk of choice
- Brew the tea to your liking. The longer you brew your tea, the stronger the tea flavor you will have. I recommend you brew your tea for 3 to 5 minutes. Once brewed, mix through the sweetener of choice.
- Set tea aside and allow to cool if you want your Assam milk tea to be cold. Otherwise, skip this step.
- In a serving glass or mug, add half of the tea, and half of the milk. Stir.
- Repeat step 3 for remaining ingredients. Serve.
- You could add tapioca pearls to make Assam milk bubble tea. I recommend using quick cooking tapioca pearls.
- Store leftover Assam milk tea in a sealed bottle or jug in the fridge for 3 to 4 days. If desired, reheat in the microwave in a microwave safe mug.