Creamy, refreshing, and delicious caramel milkshake. This easy milkshake only uses three ingredients and is ready in no time!
Longing for a milkshake but don’t want to go out? Or looking for a simple but delicious milkshake recipe?
Then this easy caramel milkshake recipe is for you.
With just three main ingredients, this caramel milkshake is quick, easy, and dreamy. It tastes just as good than what you can buy at the store.
This recipe for a caramel flavored milkshake uses caramel syrup, vanilla ice cream, and milk!
Simply put all the ingredients in a blender and pour into serving glasses. It’s as easy as that!
What’s more, you can top this refreshing milkshake with whipped cream, extra caramel sauce, an extra scoop of vanilla ice cream or even rainbow sprinkles!
Why You'll Love This Recipe
- Only 3 ingredients to make this caramel milkshake, 4 if you use whipped cream on top.
- Perfect for a refreshing drink any time of the year.
- Easy and simple milkshake recipe that tastes just as good as a store-bought shake.
Please note that below is a guide for some of the ingredients we used in the recipe. The printable recipe further down the page has the complete list of ingredients, including quantities and step-by-step instructions.
- Vanilla Ice Cream
- Caramel Sauce (syrup)
- Whipped Cream, optional
Step One: In a blender, place the vanilla ice cream, milk, and caramel sauce. Blend until smooth.
If you want your milkshake to be thinner, add more milk.
If you want a thicker milkshake, add more ice cream or a small banana to make a banana caramel milkshake.
Step Two: Pour mixture into glass(es). Top with whipped cream, extra caramel drizzle or enjoy plain. Serve as is, or with whipped cream, rainbow sprinkles, or even extra caramel drizzle on top.
Tips for Success
- If you are adding ice cubes to your milkshake, use the pulse function first to break up the ice.
- Add some whipped cream on top of your milkshake if desired.
Cost To Make
Estimated cost = $1.15 for 2 serves, or $0.58 a serve.
Substitutions / Variations
- Want to make a salted caramel milkshake? Add a pinch of salt before you blend the ingredients together. Or you could even use salted caramel sauce instead of plain caramel sauce.
- Or maybe you want a coffee caramel milkshake? Simply replace the milk with cold coffee.
- To make a chocolate caramel milkshake, you could add some chocolate sauce before blending your milkshake. Or you could use chocolate ice cream instead of vanilla ice cream.
- If you want to make a caramel milkshake without ice cream, you can leave out the ice cream. The milkshake will be thinner in consistency. You could add a small banana to thicken up the milkshake as an alternative. This way you make a banana caramel shake.
- Whipped cream
- Scoop of vanilla ice cream
- Drizzle of caramel sauce (syrup)
This caramel milkshake is best served on the day it is made. You can store any leftover milkshake in the fridge for 3 to 4 days.
To make a caramel milkshake without a blender you could whisk all the ingredients in a bowl using a hand whisk or electric beater.
Alternatively, you could place all ingredients in a jar or shaker with a lid. Mash the ice cream and stir the mixture with a spoon. Place the lid on the jar or shaker and shake the ingredients together until combined.
Made this recipe? Let us know how it went in the comments below! We'd love to hear how it turned out.
- 160 grams (5.64 ounces) vanilla ice cream
- 1 cup milk
- 2 ½ tablespoons (40 grams, 1.41 ounces) caramel sauce (syrup) or to taste plus extra for drizzling if desired
- Whipped cream optional for topping
- In a blender, place the vanilla ice cream, milk, and caramel sauce. Blend until smooth.
- Pour mixture into glass(es). Top with whipped cream, extra caramel drizzle or enjoy plain.
- Serve as is, or with whipped cream, rainbow sprinkles, or even extra caramel drizzle on top.
- If you want your milkshake to be thinner, add more milk. If you want a thicker milkshake, add more ice cream or a small banana to make a banana caramel milkshake.
- Replace the milk with cold coffee to make a coffee caramel milkshake.
Join the Discussion