Enjoy earl grey milk tea in the comfort of your own home.
No need to spend so much on milk tea or even leave the house, with this simple yet delicious earl grey tea with milk recipe!
Earl grey tea with milk tastes just as good as the milk tea you can buy.
Make this simple, easy, and refreshing drink any time of the year. It’s a great way to start the day or even cool down after a long day.
Earl grey tea with milk can be enjoyed hot or cold. By enjoying it hot, it makes for the perfect winter warmer.
Add tapioca (boba) pearls for a delightful twist to your drink.
What is Earl Grey Tea?
Earl grey tea is a type of black tea which has been flavored. Because of this, it is not categories as a type of tea, but rather a flavored tea.
Teas that fall under the flavored tea category are teas (such as white, green, black, or oolong), that have been flavored or scented with spices, oils, flowers, or articifial or natural flavors.
Earl grey tea is flavored with the oil which is found in the rind of bergamot orange.
Why You'll Love This Recipe
- Earl grey tea with milk can be enjoyed hot or cold, making it a great drink to enjoy any time of the year.
- This milk tea recipe is quick and easy to make.
- Customizable to you: Use any kind of sweetener you prefer, add as much or as little milk as you like, and brew your tea to your liking.
Please note that below is a guide for some of the ingredients we used in the recipe. The printable recipe further down the page has the complete list of ingredients, including quantities and step-by-step instructions.
- Earl grey tea: Use teabags or loose leaf tea.
- Water: This will be used to brew your tea.
- Sweetener of choice: You could use a brown sugar syrup, monk fruit sugar, white sugar, etc.
- Milk of choice
This recipe for earl grey tea with milk serves 2. The ingredients can easily be adjusted to suit how many serves you need.
Step One: Use the 400 ml of hot water to brew your tea. Follow the instructions on your tea packet or alternatively, allow the tea to brew for 3 to 5 minutes.
Once the tea is brewed to your liking stir through your sweetener of choice. Taste for sweetness. Add more sweetener if desired.
Step Two: If you want to have your Earl grey tea with milk cold, set aside your tea and allow to cool. Otherwise, you can skip this step.
Step Three: Pour half the tea into a mug or serving glass and add half the milk. Stir.
Step Four: Repeat step 3 for remaining ingredients. Serve.
Cost To Make
Estimated cost = $0.45 for 2 serves or $0.23 a serve
Substitutions / Variations
Add tapioca pearls (boba) to this drink to make earl grey boba (earl grey bubble tea).
Make iced earl grey milk tea by adding ice cubes.
Enjoy this earl grey tea with milk hot or cold.
This earl grey tea with milk can be stored in the fridge for 3 to 4 days in a sealed bottle or jug. Allow the tea to cool completely first before storing.
In this recipe for earl grey milk tea, the ingredients used are: earl grey tea, hot water, sweetener (such as white granulated sugar or brown sugar), and milk.
If you use an earl grey tea that contains caffeine, you earl grey milk tea will contain caffeine. It is possible to use a decaffeinated earl grey tea to enjoy your earl grey milk tea without caffeine.
The sweetness of earl grey milk tea depends on how much sweetener you add to your drink. If you use less sweetener, then you earl grey milk tea is less likely to be sweet.
Likewise, if you add more sweetener, you earl grey tea with milk will be sweeter.
Made this recipe? Let us know how it went in the comments below! We'd love to hear how it turned out.
Earl Grey Tea With Milk
- 2 teabags of Earl grey tea or loose leaf earl grey
- 400 ml hot water to brew your tea
- 2 teaspoons of sweetener of choice e.g. brown sugar syrup, monkfruit, maple syrup, or to taste
- ¼ cup milk of choice
- Use the 400 ml of hot water to brew your tea. Follow the instructions on your tea packet or alternatively, allow the tea to brew for 3 to 5 minutes. (see note 1). Once the tea is brewed to your liking stir through your sweetener of choice. Taste for sweetness. Add more sweetener if desired.
- If you want to have your Earl grey tea with milk cold, set aside your tea and allow to cool. Otherwise, you can skip this step.
- Pour half the tea into a mug or serving glass and add half the milk. Stir.
- Repeat step 3 for remaining ingredients. Serve.