This pandan milkshake is a refreshing and easy to make milkshake that is ready in no time. It’s a blend of creamy, slightly sweet milk, and earthy, nutty notes of pandan.
Imagine sipping on this creamy, fragrant pandan milkshake while lounging by the pool, relaxing on a lazy weekend afternoon, or as a sweet treat after a spicy Thai or Malaysian meal.
The gentle sweetness and the soothing aroma of pandan will make your taste buds dance with delight.
This recipe for pandan milkshake is easy to make, and can be customized to suit yoru tastes. Want it thicker? Add more ice cream. Don’t want ice cream in your shake at all? Just simply remove it and add more milk.
What’s more is you can top this pandan shake with your favorites, from whipped cream and sprinkles, to just a simple drizzle of caramel or chocolate sauce.
What is pandan?
Pandan is a tropical plant widely used in Southeast Asian cuisine.
Its long, green leaves have a unique sweet and nutty flavor and are often used to add fragrance and flavor to dishes, desserts, and beverages.
Pandan leaves are commonly used for their aromatic qualities and vibrant green color in dishes like rice, cakes, and curries.
Why You'll Love This Recipe
- This pandan milkshake is a refreshing drink that is perfect for those hot days.
- Quick and easy to make.
- Ready in no time.
- Top this pandan milkshake with your favorites, like whipped cream, a scoop of ice cream, or even a drizzle of caramel sauce.
- Great to serve for all occasions - such as Christmas, St Patrick's Day, birthday parties, or even Halloween.
Please note that below is a guide for some of the ingredients we used in the recipe. The printable recipe further down the page has the complete list of ingredients, including quantities and step-by-step instructions.
- Milk Of Choice
- Pandan Essence
- Vanilla Ice Cream
- Whipped Cream: Optional for topping
- Lightly toasted shredded coconut: Optional, to top
This recipe for pandan milkshake serves 1. It makes about 350 ml/grams (12.34 ounces).
The ingredient quantities can easily be adjusted to suit how many serves you need to make.
Step One: Place milk, pandan essence, and ice cream in a blender. Blend until smooth. If you want your milkshake to be thinner, add some more milk. If you want it thicker, add some more ice cream.
Step Two: Pour mixture into glass. Optional, top with whipped cream and lightly toasted shredded coconut.
Tips for Success
- If you want a thicker pandan milkshake add more ice cream or add a small banana.
- If you want a thinner milkshake add more milk or reduce the amount of ice cream used.
Cost To Make
Estimated cost = $1.75
Substitutions / Variations
- Use a mixture of unsweetened coconut milk and dairy milk for a coconut milk pandan milkshake.
- Add some matcha powder before blending for a pandan matcha fusion.
- For a pandan banana milkshake add a small banana.
- Chocolate pandan milkshake: Add some chocolate syrup or cocoa powder to your milkshake.
Serve topped with:
- A scoop of your favorite ice cream and chopped nuts like pistachios or almonds.
- Whipped cream and lightly toasted shredded (desiccated) coconut
- Drizzle of caramel or chocolate sauce.
- Crushed ice.
- Tapioca pearls (sago)
- Sliced fruit
This pandan milkshake can be stored in the fridge for up to 2 to 3 days.
Made this recipe? Let us know how it went in the comments below! We'd love to hear how it turned out.
- 1 cup (250 ml/grams, 8.82 ounces) milk of choice
- 1 teaspoon pandan essence
- 160 grams (5.64 ounces) vanilla ice cream
- Whipped cream to top optional
- Lightly toasted shredded coconut to top optional
- Place milk, pandan essense, and ice cream in a blender. Blend until smooth. If you want your milkshake to be thinner, add some more milk. If you want it thicker, add some more ice cream.
- Pour mixture into glass. Optional, top with whipped cream and lightly toasted shredded coconut.