Start your day off right with these delicious and easy-to-make cinnamon banana overnight oats.
Perfect for busy mornings or when you want to meal prep, this recipe is sure to become a new favorite.
Wake up to a warm and comforting breakfast with these delicious cinnamon banana overnight oats.
Not only are they easy to make, but they're also a great way to start your day off right.
With creamy oats, a hint of cinnamon, and sweet bananas, these overnight oats are sure to become a new favorite!
Plus, they're perfect for meal prepping and customizing to your tastes. So, if you're looking for a simple and delicious breakfast option, look no further than this recipe.
The Secret to Delicious and Creamy Overnight Oats
The key to making these overnight oats extra delicious and creamy is to use ripe bananas and a good quality yogurt. The sweetness of the banana will provide natural sweetness to the oats, while the yogurt adds a nice tanginess.
What’s more, the cinnamon adds a warm and comforting flavor that will make you feel like you're eating a cozy bowl of porridge.
Customize to Your Tastes
One of the great things about this recipe is that it's easy to customize to your tastes. If you prefer your oats sweeter, add a little more honey.
Or, if you like more cinnamon flavor, add a pinch more.
Don't be afraid to play around with different toppings - some of our favorites include chopped nuts, extra yogurt, banana slices, and dried fruits.
Of course, you could even enjoy it as is, that’s just as good too!
Great for Meal Prepping
This recipe is perfect for meal prepping. Simply combine the ingredients in a glass or mason jar, refrigerate overnight, and grab it on your way out the door in the morning.
Why You'll Love This Recipe
- Grab and go: Great for meal prepping, especially if you are short on time in the mornings.
- No cooking needed!
- Packed full of flavor and filling.
- Takes little time to prepare.
- If you use a plant based milk and plant based yogurt, you can make this vegan friendly.
Please note that below is a guide for some of the ingredients we used in the recipe. The printable recipe further down the page has the complete list of ingredients, including quantities and step-by-step instructions.
- Banana: Adding banana provides natural sweetness to the overnight oats.
- Oats: Old fashioned oats (rolled oats) or quick oats
- Greek Yogurt: Or you could use a plant based yogurt
- Milk of Choice
- Chia Seeds: Or you could use basil seeds.
- Ground Cinnamon
- Maple Syrup
- Vanilla Extract
- Sliced banana
- Greek yogurt or plant based yogurt
- Nuts, chopped and toasted
This recipe for cinnamon banana overnight oats serves 1. The ingredient quantities can easily be multiplied to suit how many you need to make.
Step One: Remove the skin of your banana. In a small bowl, mash the banana. Set aside.
Step Two: In a mixing bowl, place the oats, yogurt, milk of choice, seeds, ground cinnamon, maple syrup, vanilla extract, and mashed banana. Mix until well combined.
Step Three: Taste for flavor and adjust to your liking by adding more maple syrup or vanilla.
Step Four: Transfer the mixture to a glass, breakfast bowl, or mason jar. Seal and store in the refrigerator overnight.
Step Five: Serve plain or with toppings of your choice.
Cost To Make
Estimated cost = $1.67
Substitutions / Variations
Use any kind of milk you like for this recipe, including plant based milks or dairy milk.
Some of your favorite toppings for this overnight oats recipe include:
- Fresh fruits, especially banana slices and strawberries
- Chopped nuts, like pistachios, and almonds, or even chopped walnuts (to make a banana bread overnight oats).
- Extra yogurt
- Dried fruits, like dried mango, dried papaya, sultanas.
- Coconut flakes
- A fruit compote such as chia compote, or raspberry compote.
These overnight oats even go great with a cup of tea or coffee.
You can store this banana cinnamon overnight oats for 2 to 3 days in the fridge.
It is recommended to refrigerate your overnight oats mixture for at least 5 to 6 hours before you eat it.
Made this recipe? Let us know how it went in the comments below! We'd love to hear how it turned out.
More Breakfast Recipes
Cinnamon Banana Overnight Oats
- 1 small (60 grams, 2.11 ounces) banana
- ½ cup (55 grams, 1.94 ounces) quick or old fashioned rolled
- ¼ cup (60 grams, 2.11 ounces) Greek yogurt, or plant based yogurt
- ½ cup (120 ml / grams, 4.23 ounces) milk of choice
- 1 tablespoon (12 grams, 0.42 ounces) chia seeds or basil seeds
- Pinch (about ⅛ teaspoon) of ground cinnamon, or to taste
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup or to taste
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract or to taste
- Sliced banana
- Greek yogurt or plant based yogurt
- Nuts chopped and toasted
- Remove the skin of your banana. In a small bowl, mash the banana. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, place the oats, yogurt, milk of choice, seeds, ground cinnamon, maple syrup, vanilla extract, and mashed banana. Mix until well combined.
- Taste for flavor and adjust to your liking by adding more maple syrup or vanilla.
- Transfer the mixture to a glass, breakfast bowl, or mason jar. Seal and store in the refrigerator overnight.
- Serve plain or with toppings of your choice.
Join the Discussion